Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Stresses


I am getting my hair cut today, and not just any haircut. This haircut will mark the shortest my hair has ever been since I was born, or maybe around two-years-old. For the past week I have been imagining what my hair would look like if it was up by the tips of my ears. I have imagined very hard and decided that I would love it. And if I didn’t love it so what? It’s just hair! I am fortunate enough to have hair that grows back. That is what I am thankful for this holiday season.

I have to go pick my cousin up from SAIL around 12:30pm and I’m still sitting on my couch looking at this damn scarf I’ve been knitting for the past two days. I sure as heck don’t want it (because I have too many scarves) and I don’t know who to give it to. It’s purple, yellow, black, and blue and it is very funky. I’ll figure something out.

I also have to venture to the mall and I am frightened by this. It is way too crowded over there and I’m afraid all my gas will run out from idling in the parking lot. I have to return some tights to Banana Republic. The package says the tights are M/L and they barely reach my thighs. I am pretty sure there is no children’s Banana Republic so I’m going to try and get my $14 back or another pair of tights.

As the end of the month gets nearer I get more and more stressed out. My dad is coming down from Washington DC to help my move and he just informed me he would be sleeping on my couch on the 31st. My boyfriend is having a party that night but I don’t want my poor father to spend New Year’s Eve alone. The dilemma is my dad will want to attend said party and that is not happening. I love my dad with all my heart and it is great that he wants to spend time with my friends and take part in our events, but it makes me uncomfortable to be under the influence of anything around him and I’m not going to forfeit a glass of champagne on New Year’s.

I don’t know what to do.

Well, it’s time for me to go get my cousin, go get my hair cut, brave the Governors Square Mall and finish this scarf.

Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your new hair do! It's going to be so cute.
    And here's an idea- your DAD could spend New Year's Eve with your MOM!
    Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete